Wes served 20 years in the Army (1994–2014) and retired as a First Sergeant. Some of his assignments were:
- FT. Ord- 6/8 Field Artillery - forward observer
- Hunter Army Airfield 1/75 Ranger Battalion - forward observer
- Jackson, MS 20th SFG(A) - Voice interceptor
- FT Lewis - 2/3 Infantry Battalion- CBRN NCO
- FT Lewis - 1st SFG(A) CBRN Recon Team Leader/ Detachment Sergeant
- Tori Station Okinawa, Japan — Commanders In-Extremist Force (CIF) CBRN/ Nuclear Counter-proliferation reaction team leader
- Madrid - NATO CBRN/ HAZMAT Force Protection NCOIC
- FT Carson - 10th SFG(A) Group Support Company (GSC) First Sergeant
Wes retired, 1 December 2014, from Ft. Campbell, KY as the 63rd CBRN company First Sergeant. The 63rd is a tenant company located on FT Campbell. The parent Brigade is the 48th CBRN BDE. FT. Hood, Texas and their mission focus is Defense CBRNE (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and High-Yield Explosive) Reactionary Force (DCRF).
Wes is Darley Defense point of contact for customers and partners in Southwest Region including Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and Missouri. Lawrence “Wes” Gamble is from Metairie, Louisiana which is on the outskirts of New Orleans. He is married to Shawna Gamble from Seattle Washington and they have 5 children ranging from 5 years to 27 years old, oldest to youngest Jessica-27, Cory-22, Camron-16, Layla-6 and Elise-5. To reach Wes use the contact form or information to the right.