Addressing the challenges of the next generation of warfighters
The tactical communications landscape is evolving. From the new class of users being introduced into the network to the way information exchange requirements are adapting to mission-driven needs, Viasat anticipates these challenges and more that warfighters will be facing. Their end-to-end approach to Link 16 and LOS communications, features:
- Broadest range of terminals and radios available
- Built-in resiliency and redundancy with our tactical gateways
- Tech enhancements including more throughput, better crypto and nimbler network management
Direct access to the Link 16 network to coordinate and maneuver forces
For the first time in history, Joint Terminal Attack Controllers (JTACs) have a digital connection directly into CAS aircraft mission computers via machine-to-machine interface over Link 16. With secure and reliable access to both air and ground (friendly and enemy) data, targeting timelines are significantly shortened by nearly 95%, reducing the risk of fratricide incidents.
Link 16 Software Tools
A full range of software tools for monitoring and management of
Link 16 terminals and networks
Link 16 Equipment and Accessories
Elevate the capabilities of Link 16 terminals with tactical gateways, racks and supporting equipment
Benefits you'll get with Link 16
- Built-in interoperability with Viasat’s family of Link 16 terminals
- Manage and troubleshoot your own Link 16 networks and terminals with Viasat’s software tools
- Better performance per dollar with Viasat’s support equipment so you can get more value out of your equipment and optimize your mission
- Lower logistics costs with in-country/field support to help you address repair needs much faster
- Reduce risk with 360-degree support from Viasat, including CONOPs development, training, network design, and help with lifecycle requirements
Darley Defense is proud to partner with Viasat to offer satellite communications (SATCOM) systems and tactical data link products.
Contact us for information.